Richardson ISD Council of PTAs welcomes you!
Richardson ISD Council of PTAs is here to assist local PTAs, and meet the PTA vision of making every child's potential a reality. Join us in supporting your local school. Be involved by volunteering. Be included as a PTA member. Be informed by signing up for PTA news. Find your local PTA Unit or become a Community PTA Member. Back the Future
RISD Council of PTA's Townhall
Richardson ISD Council of PTAs invited the RISD Community to participate in a Townhall meeting via Zoom on Thursday, July 2, 2020. This session included a Q&A about the 2020-21 School Year with Deputy Superintendent Tabitha Branum. Questions were submitted by community members. This feedback will be used as part of a blueprint to prepare for the new school year. Ms. Branum provides lots of helpful information in her video below so please take a look. As always, visit risd.org to keep up with the most current updates, including weekly news by RISD Superintendent, Dr. Jeannie Stone.
RISD Parent Inventory Closes Friday, July 10th
To assist Richardson ISD with planning and general resource allocation in advance of the August 19 reopening of schools, RISD parents are requested to complete an online inventory to share their preferences. Parents can take the online inventory here in their selected language.
Things to know about the inventory and RISD’s reopening plans:
- RISD plans to offer in-person classes at all RISD campuses.
- RISD plans to offer a virtual school option for families who prefer that choice.
- Information provided by parents in this parent inventory is non-binding and is not associated with any specific students. Student names or identifying information are not requested in the inventory. RISD is requesting the general inventory data in order to assist with decisions about resource allocation and staff assignments ahead of the 2020-21 school year. The information in the inventory is not final or exhaustive, and is intended to provide a general idea for general planning purposes.
- The Texas Education Agency has yet to issue specific requirements and guidance to schools regarding health and safety precautions associated with reopening schools for in person classes. RISD will comply with state requirements, and is evaluating additional health and social distancing measures with the goal of limiting the spread of the virus among not just students, but teachers, other employees, and our RISD community.
- RISD is also making contingency plans for intermittent school, if necessary. Intermittent school would occur for students at a specific school if that campus is recommended for temporary physical closure by public health authorities based on a significant number of confirmed COVID-19 cases. In such a case, teaching and learning would move to a virtual, at-home model for the duration of the temporary closure before the school reopened for in-person classes.
- RISD is in ongoing contact with local public health authorities and will make a final decision on social distancing measures and health precautions by mid-July in order to plan with the most up to date health guidance.
- When RISD’s reopening blueprint is finalized in July, parents will have the opportunity to formally choose a virtual school option. Comprehensive information about RISD’s reopening plans, protocols and safety measures, and parent FAQs will be available to help inform parent decisions.
RISD parents can take the inventory at this link in their selected language, and the inventory will be open through Friday, July 10.
Council Spring Training Sessions for viewing
Council Meeting Dates for 2020-2021
RISD COVID-19 Updates
For the latest Pandemic related updates from Richardson ISD, visit theirInformation and Resources Page at www.risd.org
Follow us on Twitter @RISDCouncilPTA
NEW JOIN ONLINE NOW! Click here to JOIN as a Community Angel member!
Texas Two Step
Thank you for serving as a member of your 2020-2021 Local PTA Executive Board! Every local Officer and Chair must register with the Texas PTA so that they can communicate with you on important updates throughout the coming year.