Richardson ISD Council of PTAs - Legislative Action
RISD and RISD Council of PTAs are working hard making plans for the 2023 Rally Day in Austin. Please use the attached image and QR code with your boards and parent members so we can start determining interest to attend this event. You can also use the following link to access the form: https://tinyurl.com/RallyDay2023InterestForm
We would love to have a robust turnout! The framework is to leave Richardson very early Monday, Feb 27th on a charter bus (courtesy of RISD) and return by 8/9ish pm.
Please share the flyer below in your newsletters, websites and social media, and indicate your desire! Click here to download the flyer
Learn more about Texas PTA Rally Day here.
View the Texas PTA Legislative Priorities, 88th Legislative Session, here.
For sample ballots, voter ID requirements and upcoming election information, visit dallascountyvotes.org.
The League of Women Voters website has a checklist of voting procedures as well as important election dates. LVW also provides helpful information for voters in a non-partisan format. Visit their website here.
LWV Voters Guides can be found here.
RISD’s GoVote page: https://web.risd.org/govote/
Dallas County Health Protocols for Voters: www.dallascountyvotes.org/14211-2/
Voting and COVID-19 (by state): https://www.vote.org/covid-19/
More Useful Links:
- Find Your Elected Officials here: https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home
- Find Your Voting Location here: www.dallascountyvotes.org
- Voter Registration Info: www.dallascountyvotes.org/voter-information/register-to-vote
- Dallas County Health Protocols for Voters: www.dallascountyvotes.org/14211-2/
- Non-Partisan Voting Guides: https://lwvtexas.org
- Visit capitol.texas.gov and click on Who Represents Me? to see who your Representatives are for the Texas House and Senate.
Questions? Contact our Legislative Chair
Join PTA - #MarnisAngels
Register with Texas PTA
Thank you for serving as a member of your 2022-2023 Local PTA Executive Board! Every local Officer and Chair must register with the Texas PTA so that they can communicate with you on important updates throughout the coming year.