Purposes of PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- RISD Council of PTAs has more than 19,000 members.
- Texas PTA is a part of National PTA, which is nearly 6 million members strong with 54 state congresses (includes the District of Columbia, Europe, Pacific and Virgin Islands) in 23,000 local chapters.
- 4 High Schools
- 8 Junior High Schools
- 41 Elementary Schools
- 1 Early Childhood Unit
Follow us on Twitter @RISDCouncilPTA
Texas Two Step
Thank you for serving as a member of your 2021-2022 Local PTA Executive Board! Every local Officer and Chair must register with the Texas PTA so that they can communicate with you on important updates throughout the coming year.