Parent Advisory Committee Meetings for 2016-17
RISD is excited to start a new year of Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) meetings with some changes we hope will add energy and interest to PAC reps’ calendars:
- Locations. We’re coming to you! This year we’re going to hold one meeting in each RISD feeder pattern. If you’d like to take an active role in helping to facilitate the meeting, please contact email@example.com prior to the “questions due” date that corresponds to your meeting.
- PAC Chair. Because there were no nominations for a PAC Chair for 2016-17, Executive Director for Communications Karah Altman will cover many of the duties normally executed by the chair. Look for communications from her throughout the year shared on the PTA website and in the PTA newsletter.
- Surprises are in store! We’d like you to meet and know more of the people who serve your students and their campuses, so we’re bringing in some different speakers than you may have seen in recent years. Stay tuned for other things we’ll try as a group and give Karah your feedback.
PAC reps and alternates, please save the following dates on your calendars, and let Karah know if you have any questions.
Meetings are held from 6-7:30 p.m. and are scheduled as follows:
*As is the PAC’s practice, please allow your campus principal the opportunity to answer any campus-specific questions prior to submitting to the District, and maintain confidentiality of the person asking the question.
Are You a New PAC Rep? The Process, In Brief:
- Gather questions from your campus in advance of the due date to remit them to RISD.
- Please remember that PAC exists to discuss topics relevant to every RISD school. PAC is not the setting to ask campus-specific questions.
- Allow yourself enough time to review each question you receive and determine whether it goes to your campus principal for a response, or whether it goes to the District for an answer.
- Some PAC questions may have already been answered in a previous year. If you’re not sure, check RISD’s FAQs online (http://www.risd.org/group/aboutrisd/FAQs.html).
- Attend the PAC meeting, or ensure that your alternate attends.
- Watch for notice that questions and answers are posted to http://www.risd.org/group/aboutrisd/FAQs.html. You’ll also receive a PDF containing the latest questions and answers.
- Please distribute the materials at your school, providing a copy of the FAQ PDF to your campus’s front office.
- Ensure that the person at your campus who posed the question receives an answer.
Questions about being a PAC rep or alternate? Contact Karah Altman (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-593-0301).
Follow us on Twitter @RISDCouncilPTA
Thank you to our Sponsors!